Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Andy (they/he) is a talented, versatile software engineering professional with a proven ability to
deliver innovative, engaging solutions for end-users and clients. He has an extensive background in
front-end and full-stack web development, mobile and desktop apps, and user experience enhancement.
Andy's core motivation is to make tech more accessible to novices, power users, and folks who want
to make their own tech-powered creations.
San Francisco, CA
2016 - present
Staff Software Engineer
Reddit, a community forum platform, is the "frontpage of the internet" where folks find their
people to discuss news, life, and cat pics.
- Founding member of desktop web redesign experimental development team
- Founding member of chat web and API architecture and implementation
- Architected and implemented admin and user tooling to support
Community Operations, Anti-Evil (née Trust and Safety) Operations, and Legal
- Architected and oversaw implementation to incorporate admin tooling into the redesign website
- Member of Architects Guild, coalition of senior IC engineers reporting to CTO
- Mentor and interviewer for junior and peered software engineers within the company
- Liaison to community developers of third-party browser extensions and apps
- Founding member of LGBTQ Employee Resource Group and co-organizer for SF Pride 2018 and
San Francisco, CA
2015 - 2016
Automated QA Engineer, Full-Stack Engineer
Imgur, a public community and private image host, surfaces up the most awesome images on the
internet. Serving 5.5 billion page views and 175 million unique sets of eyeballs monthly,
Imgur provides massive amounts of cat pics, Twitter screencaps, and worldwide community at
As a Full-Stack Engineer, Andy maintains the website, API, and infrastructure, adding and
maintaining functionality to support community, revenue, and data analytics. As a QA
Automation Engineer, Andy built and maintains the testing framework and test suites for the
desktop website while providing support for and managing contributions from fellow
- Developed and maintained functionality for imgur.com desktop website, mobile website,
API, and backend infrastructure.
- Developed functionality to support community, email engagement, and data analysis
- Built integration testing for desktop website in Selenium/python.
2014 - 2015
Front-End Web Developer, Creative/Interactive
Gigya's Customer Identity Management Platform allows companies to build rich user profiles
from social media accounts, aiding customer engagement and promoting customer loyalty.
As the Senior Developer for the Creative/Interactive team, Andy maintained and improved
Gigya's WordPress homepage, striving to provide the best possible customer experience. He
also helped out with the sales and marketing departments, streamlining their processes and
helping them to better connect with prospective and existing clients.
- Developed and maintained Gigya's WordPress homepage, including a custom theme and
third-party plugins. Streamline and implement content and layout updates to improve
- Selected from existing tools or develop new applications to streamline internal sales
and marketing workflows, enhancing Gigya's ability to build and maintain customer and
- Assisted the sales and marketing departments with special projects as requested.
2011 - 2014
Software Design Engineer
Sonic Foundry is an enterprise web application solution for streaming video and
presentations. It provides live and on-demand video playback for events, lectures, podcasts,
webinars, and other applications.
Andy's role as a Software Design Engineer included designing elements of the user interface,
building new features, and fixing bugs. He provided continuous platform support for a wide
variety of devices and browsers, and also enabled customization and integration into other
- Designed new user interface elements, developed new functionality, and fixed bugs to
give end-users the best possible viewing experience.
- Provided continuous platform support to maintain usability across all supported devices
and integrate it into other web applications, such as online education portals, blogs,
and other Mediasite applications.
- Developed a native iOS app to enable iPhone video playback support and improve user
Volunteer / Open Source
2012 - Present
Reddit Enhancement Suite is a popular, open-source, cross-browser web extension which adds
extra functionality to reddit.com. This includes style adjustments, custom themes, embedded
external content, filters, and a slew of other features.
Enhancement Suite. He's fixed bugs, updated code to accommodate changes to browsers and
Reddit.com, and provided direct support to end-users. His pet projects include search
functionality for RES settings and features, core infrastructure, Bitcoin Tip functionality,
and smaller improvements to improve overall usability.
- Fix bugs and update code to maintain browser compatibility and support changes to
reddit.com and external sites like imgur.com.
- Provide direct end-user support to maintain and expand a devoted, enthusiastic user
- Manage change log and release notices to maintain a streamlined project infrastructure.
- Integrate new features including the ability to search for RES settings and features,
Bitcoin Tip functionality, and minor improvements to the browser extension overall.
Volunteer / Sandbox
2009 - 2015
ShutterCal is a daily photo journal that combines digital photos and text to create a unique,
tangible record of your daily life.
Andy has engaged with this project for several years out of a personal devotion to the
project's core concept. He's responsible for building all front-end functionality,
integrating third-party functionality, and providing tools and leadership for junior
CSS, SASS/Compass, Python, and Django to develop all front-end website functionality to
promote an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party functionality to maintain seamless accessibility.
- Develop tools for and provide leadership and mentorship to junior developers.
- Implement important new functionality, including an image lightbox viewer, Stripe
checkout integration, customization widgets, and an iPhoto export plugin.
2010 - 2011
Software / Web Developer
Epic Systems produces software to manage electronic medical records and provide access to
data within hospitals and directly to patients.
At Epic, Andy collaborated with a small team to maintain the corporate intranet home page, an
employee and customer directory, interactive maps and forms, and other essential internal
tools. He also worked with a graphic designer to create and implement themes to drive user
- Developed and implemented new technology for a variety of essential internal tools,
including a corporate intranet site, an employee and customer directory, site maps, and
- Maintained rich search functionality, pulling from data sources including T-SQL and
Caché databases to provide complete and accurate information for internal use.
- Collaborated with graphic designer to create and implement themes to improve user
Netguava is a web development company that provides website development and hosting for
business, personal, and real estate.
At Netguava, Andy converted graphic design mockups into fully-functional website templates.
He also maintained websites for specific clients using Netguava's content management system.
- Collaborated with graphic design team to convert graphic design mockups into
fully-functional website templates for business use.
- Supported and maintained websites for corporate clients after implementation to ensure
client and end-user satisfaction.
2009 - 2010
Shipping Manager, Webmaster
Dharma Publishing is a non-profit, volunteer-run distributor of Tibetan Buddhist texts and
At Dharma Publishing, Andy packaged and shipped merchandise, coordinated warehouse
operations, and provided customer service via telephone. As their webmaster, he maintained
their online store, maintained customer databases, and developed new web features to drive
customer engagement and promote repeat business.
- Maintained the company's website and online store, driving customer engagement and
promoting repeat business. Entered customer data and maintained company databases.
- Packaged and sent books and artwork to businesses and individuals located worldwide.
- Managed warehouse and shipping supply inventory and provided customer support via
telephone, email, and storefront websites.
2003 - 2009
During his time at the University of Delaware, Andy worked in a variety of positions including Theatrical
Technician, Sound Intern, A/V Technician, Webmaster, Programmer, IT Assistant, Teacher's Assistant, and
- Install, maintain, and run theatrical sound equipment for rehearsals and shows
- Git / GitHub
- OS X, Linux, Windows
- A/V Technology
University of Delaware
2004 - 2009
Bachelor of Arts
- Majors: Computer Science, Theatre Production
- Minor: Spanish Studies
- GPA: 3.314 / 4.000
- Study abroad programs in Spain, Chile, Peru, China, and London